Cheers to summer

on Friday, August 2, 2013

This has truly been one of the best summers I have experienced in a very long time. There have been so many first experiences for the kids. It feels like I'm experiencing them for the first time too.



Lydie is, of course, fearless. But she is also so incredibly sweet.  I've been amazed at the bond she has developed with her brother. The other day he was in trouble for something and she broke down crying for him. I remember doing that when I was younger too. She's being a good big sister.


The kids are amazing. Our family feels so complete. I shake my head in disbelief at how well-adjusted and lovely they are. They are just....lovely.

One of the biggest highlights of the summer has been the homecoming of two more girls from Lydie and Samson's orphanage. It was such an emotional day for me. All the memories of our kids' homecoming came flooding back.
Familiar Face


Floods of emotion for two adoptive mommas

The summer started off with an amazing birthday bash for both kids. Since their birthdays fall close together we decided to celebrate each birthday separate with the immediate family and have a large party for both after school was finished. We were so honored to have our family and closest friends there. We also had several of our neighbors there too which was very special. It was an amazing day. I was fighting a nasty bug and had a 102 fever the night before, but God gave me grace and I felt fairly good the next day. I just vowed to stay away from the food. Here's my favorite pictures from the party.


Christmathe one day after coming home

Family and friends

My lovely grandma




Dad's signature pose

My favorite little man






 Samson also received a haircut this summer. That was a hoot!

Coming off in one huge piece


The hairstylist thought this was amazing
Another highlight was July 4th. We started out with our tradition of meeting friends at our house along with Jere and Bev for the parade. We live close enough we can walk to the start of the parade route. It was a beautiful morning.




Lydie & Samson love Justine!
In the afternoon we drove up to the Probert farm to have our pictures taken in the corn and we also rode on a wagon through the farm being pulled by a two-cylinder John Deere.








The day ended with a bang! Lots of bangs! Our town puts on a pretty impressive show. We met up with our friends again and also were so happy to have my brother's family and my mom and dad along. It was a magical night. Lydie was absolutely beside herself when the fireworks started. I missed the beginning because I was taking Samson behind a truck to pee. He was less impressed, but still enjoyed himself. I was so glad that the kids weren't afraid. I, somehow, became the evening's distributer of glow bracelets. It was a beautiful night.




We spent the rest of July hanging out with friends, family and each other making memories every day. Some small, and some life-changing. I will speak more to the life-changing memories in a later post.

We look forward to August and an upcoming planned trip to see some old friends. I'll leave it at that for now. God Bless!

1 comments:

Theresa said...

Such a wonderful post Naomi! What a blessing those kiddos are....and a blessing you are to them! Lydie is just beautiful! And Samson! Can't get over that haircut!! Enjoy the rest of the summer, friend! It's coming to a quick close!

Post a Comment