At last!

on Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Well, the hard part is done. I've found a title that has captured where I want my new blog to go. My desire is for this to be an uplifting place where you can take a peak into my heart. My soul. I intend to share what it is like to rear two Haitian-American children in a land where very few look like them. I promise to be honest about the struggles along the way and hope you join me on this beautiful ride.

Getting here was hard. Actually, I don't know if there is a word in the English language that describes how hard it was at times.  But now that they are here, it feels like they've always been here.  They have captured my heart in a way I never could have imagined. At times they frustrate me because they are kids after all, but the good definitely outweighs the bad even on the most difficult days.

What is it like to go from being married and having a career for 15 years to staying at home 90% of the time?  At first I thought I might lose my mind. I was bored. I felt like a babysitter at times. But after two weeks being home something started to change in me. I started accepting my new role, my new responsibilities. I was starting to feel like a mommy. Their mommy. I could feel the bond between them and me strengthening every day. It was amazing and I know the prayers of our friends and families were getting us through. Now we are 4 months home. Spring is here and we have a whole summer to look forward to.

It's time to live again.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen! It's time to life again!!! As pastor spoke today those cave like periods serve there purpose; if we allow we find God there. The sunshine & joy of spring is something we are MUCH more appreciative of after one of those seasons. Not in the least pretending to understand the difficulties you faced, but know I love you & am rejoicing in "spring" for you, for us....

Rebecca said...

*live. why me? lol

Rebecca said...

and *their. proof first rebecca. first! :)

Theresa said...

Welcome back Naomi! The hubby found it on FB and shared it with me. So glad to have this window into your life again!

And I love the new look and name! :~)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a new place to write and share! Looking forward to keeping up with the continued journey from here!

It won't be long and you'll start to forget they ever belong anywhere but with you (I'm having a harder time remembering to "share" mine with birthmoms than I use to).

Post a Comment